Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Prepare for Oral Surgery
Please read the information below to make sure you are ready for surgery by following oral surgeon instructions to prepare for IV sedation. If you have any questions, please call our NYC office before your appointment: 121 Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Office Phone Number 212-838-5895.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office: 121 Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Office Phone Number 212-838-5895.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Cho prior to your surgical date for instructions: 121 Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Office Phone Number 212-838-5895.